Selena Gomez details kidney transplant in emotional 'Today' interview

Selena Gomez Opens Up About

Raisa was sharing a house with Gomez when she realized how sick her friend was becoming.

Selena Gomez has opened up about her kidney transplant for the first time since posting about the serious operation to her Instagram followers back in September.

"I got to the point where it was really kind of life or death".

Seeing her friend in such a a hard situation and knowing that it could take seven to ten years for Selena to become eligible for a kidney transplant led Francia to make a truly selfless decision.

She told fans that her lupus diagnosis was the one that had sent her kidneys into failure, and spoke out for the first time on the secret procedure she underwent. She chucked it and just started crying and I said, 'What's wrong?' And that's when she told me.

"One day she came home, and she was emotional", Raisa said.

'I'm thankful there are people that know what to do in that situation'. "I was like, 'Of course I'll get tested'".

'There aren't words to describe how I can possibly thank my handsome friend Francia Raisa. I love you so much sis, ' she praised her pal. "My mentality was to keep going", she said. "My teeth were like grinding, I was freaking out", Selena said.

'Until then I want to publicly thank my family and incredible team of doctors for everything they have done for me prior to and post-surgery.

"Apparently one of the arteries had flipped", she added.

The friends weren't just up and running around afterward-it was a tough recovery process.

"As soon as I got the kidney transplant, my arthritis went away", Selena said.

She also noted that girls were unable to shower. "I am beyond grateful that God would trust me with something that not only saved a life, but changed mine in the process", she said. I think one of the most humbling experiences was needing help to put on underwear'.

Raisa even had to write a will before donating a kidney.

Continuing the story, Francia shared, "My mum didn't wanna be there (in the hospital) until I woke up (after surgery)".

Selena Gomez, who attended the Third Annual "InStyle Awards" presented by InStyle at The Getty Center on October 23, 2017 in Los Angeles, opened up about her kidney transplant in a new interview. They also couldn't dress themselves or take a shower. My lupus -there's about a 3-5 percent chance it'll ever come back. "That's not real", Gomez added. My blood pressure is better. "So I actually got a space for us to be in together".

"I just hope that this inspires people to feel good".

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Amber Tamblyn Thinks Trump's Victory Catalyzed the Harvey Weinstein Allegations
Oct 31, 2017 - 00:50
If you enjoy shopping for Ladies fashion, Men's fashion, or Teenage fashion then look around our site and enjoy!. Representatives for McGowan and Weinstein did not immediately return requests for comment. "It's not", she said.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Black Twitter blasts Kim Kardashian for dressing up like Aaliyah for Halloween
Oct 31, 2017 - 00:47
The mother-of-two is known for her fabulous Halloween creations, and impresses onlookers annually with her ingenious costumes. Kim , meanwhile, captivated fans with her outfit, looking near-on identical to the Like a Prayer singer.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Hadiya case an instance of 'psychological kidnapping': NIA
Oct 31, 2017 - 00:45
However, Easwar said that the full video has not been released because it contains excerpts involving communal issues. It is alleged that the woman was recruited by Islamic State's mission in Syria and Jahan was only a stooge.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Puel Praises Leicester Players After 'Perfect Day' Win Over Everton
Oct 30, 2017 - 02:23
However the goal was credited to the Leicester forward who looked nearly apologetic as he celebrated only his second Premier goal in 51 appearances.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Los Angeles Chargers hang tough, but fall to Patriots in Foxborough
Oct 30, 2017 - 02:09
The Chargers' Melvin Gordon ran for 132 of their total 157 rushing yards, including an 87-yard touchdown run in the first quarter. Gostkowski would redeem himself with a 21-yard field goal with 1:08 left to play in the game to put the Patriots up 21-13.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Rose McGowan Offered $1 Million In Harvey Weinstein Hush Money
Oct 30, 2017 - 02:08
In today's Times article, she says she declined the latest financial offer after some initial consideration. A spokeswoman for Weinstein has said he "unequivocally denies any allegations of nonconsensual sex".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Pete Carroll wins challenge, Seahawks even with Texans again
Oct 30, 2017 - 02:07
During an owners meeting in NY earlier this month, McNair reportedly said quote, "We can't have inmates running the prison".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Local health officials commend President's approach to opioid crisis
Oct 29, 2017 - 02:43
They said any national resources and attention that could be devoted to the issue will help save lives. But it still comes down to resources, she said, and she'd like to see more funding committed.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top President Trump Is Spending $1.75 Million on Redecorating the White House
Oct 29, 2017 - 02:43
The White House is suggesting that $45 billion might be a good number for Congress to add to the fight against opioid addiction. Trump encouraged the kids to come around the Resolute desk for a photo and needled the gathered media.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top First Charges Filed in US Special Counsel's Russia Investigation
Oct 29, 2017 - 02:42
Reuters, The Wall Street Journal and NBC News subsequently issued similar reports. Many possible charges and incidents are under investigation by Mueller's team.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Marijuana use linked to better sexual performance, says study
Oct 29, 2017 - 02:36
Medical researchers in the U.S. have found frequent marijuana users have about 20 percent more sex than those who abstain. This is the part of the brain which turns motivation into action, and has been linked with having sex more often.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Bomb blasts kills 17 in Mogadishu
Oct 29, 2017 - 02:36
Its sister hotel, the Nasahablod, was targeted by Al Shabab in a similar attack that killed 11 people in June a year ago . Saturday's explosions occurred two weeks after an enormous blast in Mogadishu that killed at least 358 people.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Have old medication? Today is National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
Oct 29, 2017 - 01:22
Police officials will accept pills and other solid forms of medication, but will not accept liquids, needles or sharps. Since then, DEA has disposed of more than 8 million pounds of pharmaceuticals collected at these events.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top New dash cam video of 10-year-old leading police on chase
Oct 28, 2017 - 01:13
A 10-year-old boy stole his father's Toyota Avalon and raced it down the highway before getting trapped in a ditch by police. No one was injured during the pursuit, but one patrol auto and the vehicle the boy was driving were damaged, police said.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Astros Manager AJ Hinch on Hotel Bar Altercation Reports: 'Fabrications Really Suck'
Oct 28, 2017 - 01:11
TMZ reported earlier Thursday that police were called to the Astros' Los Angeles-area hotel after Game 1 on Tuesday. Citing unnamed sources , TMZ said Hinch "snapped" and began yelling and cursing in the middle of the bar.