Private email server was my 'most important mistake' - Hillary Clinton

Video resurfaces featuring Hillary Clinton discussing illegal alien kids ‘They should be sent back

Defeated Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton has described Donald Trump's inauguration speech as a "cry from the white nationalist gut". "It hurts a lot", the 2016 Democratic nominee said in an interview on CBS Sunday Morning, the first in a series of appearances to highlight the upcoming publication of "What Happened", her memoir about the campaign.

"Well, I thought Trump was behaving in a deplorable manner", she explained.

'I had not drafted a concession speech, ' she admitted. "While I'm answering questions, my mind is going, 'OK, do I keep my composure, do I act like a president, am I the person people can trust in the end to make hard decisions?' Or do I wheel around and say, 'Get out of my space, back up you creep.' Well, you know, I didn't do the latter".

Pauley then stopped Clinton to clarify, "What you're saying is millions of white people" and Clinton responded "millions of white people, yeah".

"I've said it before, I'll say it again, that was my responsibility".

After Ms Clinton lost, many were furious with her for what they deemed basic mistakes - her failure to visit the state of Wisconsin, for instance - and her failure to connect with younger voters.

"I just went into the bedroom, laid down on the bed, i just thought 'Okay".

"I am done with being a candidate", she said.

But Clinton didn't stop at excoriating her rivals - even former Vice President Joe Biden, a Clinton campaign surrogate, wasn't safe from criticism.

CLINTON: Oh, I think the most important of the mistakes I made was using personal e-mail. "And- you know, my share of Chardonnay", she said.

"A lot of people didn't want to hear my plans".

And this is after eight years as senator from NY, 4 years as secretary of State of Barack Obama and eight years as First lady during the two mandates of her husband Bill Clinton. "I felt like I had let everybody down", she said.

Clinton told Pauley that Trump had missed that opportunity to bring the country together after a rough and tumble election season.

'It's part of the demonstration of the continuity of our government, ' Clinton said, explaining why she'd gone.

Though the interview did not mention Clinton's perspective on the 2016 Democratic primary, many Democrats have privately and publicly grated at the release of the former candidate's book, noting that it reopens numerous intraparty fights that Democrats have been attempting to put behind them since the election.

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Twitter launches Night Mode for desktops
Sep 10, 2017 - 14:33
Night mode on the web conveniently takes into account the customizable theme color you can set on your profile page. The Night mode feature has been available to users on iOS , Android and Windows Phone for some time now.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Death announced of country singer Don Williams
Sep 10, 2017 - 14:31
He wasn't attempting to chase trends - he made mature music for an adult audience, which is an essential element to his appeal. Williams first found musical success at the age of three, winning a talent contest in his hometown of Portland, Texas.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Death toll rises to 33 in Mexico natural disaster
Sep 10, 2017 - 14:30
At least 61 people have died in Mexico after the country was struck by its most powerful natural disaster in a century. Widespread, hazardous tsunami waves were possible, the Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre said.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Small Business Slams Ontario's Weed 'Monopoly,' But Growers Back Province's Plan
Sep 10, 2017 - 14:30
He said that the government has not yet made a decision on whether cannabis will be available in liquor stores. In April, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau unveiled plans to legalize recreational marijuana by July 1, 2018.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top USA packs off Pak's top Habib Bank for terrorist financing
Sep 10, 2017 - 14:30
Since the matter had been resolved, the hearing in court, which was scheduled for September 27, has been cancelled. The fine, which is the largest ever imposed upon a Pakistani bank is liable to be paid within 14 days .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Sean Spicer to appear on Jimmy Kimmel LIVE
Sep 10, 2017 - 14:29
CNN told a New York Times reporter in July that it would not hire Spicer as a contributor. The Trump campaign has denied the accusations.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Canada Adds 22200 Jobs in August, Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.2%
Sep 10, 2017 - 14:29
Over the year, full-time employment increased by 213,000 and 1.5% while part-time jobs increased 4.6% over the year. But while the exterior of Friday's jobs report looked good, the monthly data also featured several blemishes.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Manchester City vs Liverpool, how and where to watch
Sep 08, 2017 - 00:54
Liverpool's front three of Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino have been unstoppable this season. The game takes place at the Etihad stadium on Saturday, kick-off is scheduled for 12:30 (GMT).

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Piyush Goyal gets Railways, Prabhu shifted to Commerce and Industry
Sep 08, 2017 - 00:51
Goyal will replace Suresh Prabhu who had offered to resign in the wake of a string of train accidents. Suresh Prabhu has been mentoring me, directing me and taking care of me for the past 20 years.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Naveen expresses 'doubts' over BJP's mission 120 in Odisha
Sep 08, 2017 - 00:51
The Indigenous Nationalist Party of Twipra (INPT) has chose to form electoral alliance with BJP to fight against the the CPM in 2018 Assembly polls.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Florida sheriff promises a "safe" shelter for those with outstanding warrants: prison
Sep 08, 2017 - 00:51
Sex offenders seeking refuge from Hurricane Irma in Florida have been warned by police they will be turned away from shelters. If this was about sexual predators, you'd be out hunting for them every single day if they had outstanding warrants.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Cleveland Co Animal Shelter waving adoption fees before Hurricane Irma
Sep 08, 2017 - 00:46
She plans to fill up the empty crates from Paws 4 Life with food donations to take back to Louisiana. Once all 40 dogs and puppies arrive at Animal Friends, they will be examined.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Five things from 'American Horror Story: Cult' that will give you nightmares
Sep 07, 2017 - 02:05
Let us know if you'll be watching on Amazon and what you think of the season premiere. If you're surprised to see the outspoken advocate sporting a Trump hat, don't be.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Andy King tips Ben Woodburn to have big future with Wales
Sep 07, 2017 - 02:03
The Republic of Ireland suffered a first home defeat of Martin O'Neill's four-year tenure as they fell 1-0 to 10-man Serbia . But at 17, I remember Bale at Southampton and you have to say he [Woodburn] is at a higher level isn't he now.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Prince George starts primary school this week
Sep 07, 2017 - 02:02
But, if he or she is just as adorable as Prince George or Princess Charlotte , it'll be worth the wait. When she goes into labour a press release will be sent out to the media.